If you need accounting terms in Spanish, there are several places to go that will give you plenty. This article will point you in the right direction.
Accounting Terms in Spanish
Here are just a few accounting terms in Spanish. Later in this article are sites where you can find thousands of accounting terms in Spanish.
- Accounting - Contabilidad
- Accountant - Contable
- Account payable - Cuenta por pagar
- Account receivable - Cuenta por cobrar
- Asset - Activo
- Equity - Capital
- Expense - Gasto
- Financial statement - Estado financiero
- Furniture and fixtures - Mobiliario y equipo
- Inventory - Inventario
- Ledger - Libro mayor
- Liability - Pasivo
- Managerial accounting - Contabilidad de gestión
- Net income - Ingreso neto
- Net profit - Utilidad neto
- Operating cost - Gasto de operación
- Operating profit - Utilidad de operación
- Straight-line depreciation - Depreciación lineal
- Trail balance - Balance de comprobación
- Unfinished goods - Bienes semiacabados
For more accounting terms in Spanish, there are several resources on line to help you. Here are a couple:
Spanish Translator Services.com translates accounting terms from English to Spanish.
Proz.com has over 3000 accounting terms in English and Spanish.
Accountants in Spain
An accountant in Spain is called a Contable or an Asesor Fiscal. Businesses employ them to pay taxes, complete statutory declarations, pay social security, and follow all the necessary procedures when employees are hired and fired. Another kind of accountant in Spain is called Econoministas, and they analyze businesses.